Friday, February 18, 2005

SiLvEr SeRenDipiTy

This is a poem I wrote a few years back, it has been posted on other sites and been read by my poetry class and others. I feel that it can speak to a lot of people, so I would like to post it here.

Silver Serendipity

Silver serendipity
How lucky am I!

A disaster beholden
And long denied.

I rode the eccentric horse
To town, a paradigm of
Problematic woes.

I lost my head in an
Aesthetic yellow box.


I hope it can help somebody out - whoever reads it. It's really about something you thought you wanted and you received it in luck (serendipity - an unexpected and not looked for bit of luck basically), but then it turns out to not be as good as it at first seemed. Nevertheless, it can be something good in the end.

Copyright, 2000-2006, Elizabeth Aralica, Babbling Brooks Productions, (1994-2006)

No comments: