Wednesday, February 23, 2005

MoRe SpOeMs

I got another part of The Walrus and the Carpenter today from a piece of spam:

The Walrus and the Carpenter Pt.1

The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright-
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

Here's another notable 'spoem' found within an email about a 'personal satellite navigator.' I really like this one. It was entitled - Chicago Poet Pt.2, but I call it..

'Looking Glass Man'

Ah, this looking-glass man!
Liar, fool, dreamer, play-actor,
Soldier, dusty drinker of dust-
Ah! he will go with me
Down the dark stairway
When nobody else is looking,
When everybody else is gone.

So, before you mindlessly throw that spam away, maybe you should think twice and see if there's a 'spoem' in there. Ha ha ha.

Here's yet another one from today:

Chicago Poet Pt.1

I saluted a nobody.
I saw him in a looking-glass.
He smiled-so did I.
He crumpled the skin on his forehead,
frowning-so did I.
Everything I did he did.
I said "Hello, I know you."
And I was a liar to say so.

No comments: