Sunday, July 24, 2011

In Honor of Amy Winehouse, Laid in Rest


Recitative

Thy hand, Belinda, darkness shades me,
On thy bosom let me rest,
More I would, but Death invades me;
Death is now a welcome guest.

Aria

When I am laid, am laid in earth, May my wrongs create
No trouble, no trouble in thy breast;
Remember me, remember me, but ah! forget my fate.
Remember me, but ah! forget my fate.
**************************************************************************** This song sung by the avant-garde Klaus Nomi, who also met an early tragic Fate, seems to fit the sad passing of Amy Winehouse, a truly talented artist gone too soon as many others of her caliber and spirit have.. namely Janis Joplin, whom she was often compared to, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix.. etc. Also check out this article by Russell Brand, a former fellow addict and also friend and colleague to Amy. http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/

As Klaus sang in his aria, do this for Amy and all the others who have gone too soon.. and in a tragic way.. most recently, that would be Whitney Houston.

Remember me! Remember me! But ahh! Forget my fate!
Updated June 6, 2012

No comments: