Friday, January 27, 2012

On Solitude: The Power of Introverts

I found an article months after I wrote this, just today, that explains exactly what I was describing here, in my blog. There is a word for it, it's called Introversion. '-)

the-power-of-introverts

The original article, from February of 2010: "Alone with Our Thoughts"

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've posted anything on this site. Anyway, I was reading a discussion on a forum that talked about how to stay positive in these trying times we live in. Well, here are my thoughts on the issue.

I used to let things depress me, but in these trying times, oddly enough I am happier than ever. Well maybe not completely and utterly joyful, but I just don't let anything get to me. And, I have no fear of anything. Nothing. We should not fear, everything runs as it should be even if we can't see it. Everything happens for a reason. That belief alone will carry anyone through anything I think. I think that belief is called Faith. But anyway, I can agree with what some of the others said on here, I feel like I lead a double life sometimes as well. I can only truly be myself with myself. I am not 'fake' around others, unless I'm around someone who is truly superficial or shallow, but I can't be around someone like that for very long. But even then, I try to be sincere and 'happy' and positive.

But, I spend an inordinate amount of time alone, in solitude, although a lot of it is spent on the computer, like on sites such as these. I am most happy when reading writing about things like this on this forum, the truth.. what can I say - I love thinking! And learning and seeking the Truth.. the center of things..the root of existence in my opinion.

I have so many friends that want to talk to me, but I almost detest being on the phone. I could probably go weeks without talking to anyone, perhaps. I haven't tried it. I am not anti-social, on the contrary, I love hanging out with people, friends and strangers sometimes, and people who know me will often find me gregarious and quite the life of the party.. but then I also have my 'quiet' side, my 'alone' time. When I am at home, I like to be left alone to my thoughts, to my computer etc. or watching movies, or writing my thoughts down somewhere (usually on the web, since I am intricately connected to it). Sometimes I just can't fathom how other people live without having their own thoughts.. I mean I think people are drawn to me because they see how meditative and thoughtful I am and they want some of that energy, but anyone can and should get that for themselves.. in fact, that is what they can *only* get from themselves actually. Perhaps it is my way of communing with God.. in my own way.

2 comments:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

and your own way is the best way!

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

glad to see you're blogging again