Saturday, May 09, 2015

On Being Classy

Recently a good friend of mine talked about what it means to be classy. And even though I know what that means, I thought I'd look up the official and popular definitions and meanings.

I came across this article on Wikihow. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Classy

(For now, I will focus on one aspect of being classy in accordance with this article below, later, I'll focus on other aspects.)
This also got me thinking, even though it's geared towards the ladies, it makes sense for both sexes and it seems that a lot of some people's behavior is not classy!
Here, for example, is one thing that shows some behavior that is certainly not classy....

Don't curse. Having a foul mouth is just not classy at all. If you have the urge to curse, go into the bathroom and turn on the faucet while you let loose a row of expletives, or curse into a pillow. But don't let people see you curse. This will make you look kind of trashy, and, if you're cursing because you're angry, like you don't know how to control your temper, which is a big sign of having no class.
  • Cursing in general should be avoided; cursing at specific people should be avoided even more.
There's someone I used to be around, who when he was angry, he most certainly let people hear (and see) him curse.... especially me ;-) yeah, we all do it sometimes (doesn't make us not classy I don't think), but it depends on how and where we do it, and whether we do it discreetly or only around those who would 'get it' anyway and not be offended and understand and accept us as we are anyway.... =)

And, the Urban dictionary meaning:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=classy
An adjective:
1) meaning very stylish and elegant.
2) not crude or misgusting or dirty or depressing
2) a deeper, more meaningful word for 'cool'
Urban Dictionary of course has its own style....

But, according to the first article cited above, being classy means not talking about being classy....

Don't talk about how much class you have. For some reason, people who think they are classy just love to talk about how much class they have, especially in comparison to one person or another who has "no class" or "no class whatsoever." If you find yourself saying, "I've got class..." or "I'm a classy girl..." then you are not acting so classy yourself. Let other people figure out how classy you really are instead of bragging about it.
  • Ideally, if you're classy, you should never use the word "classy." *(I think that mostly pertains in talking about oneself though...)
















Yeah, I'm classy... take a look... ;-)



 And above all...

No comments: